A dental bridge is a type of prosthetic tooth that is usually recommended to replace one or more missing teeth in a row. Bridges are fixed, or non-removable, restorations anchored in place with the use of two dental crowns on either side of the replacement tooth or teeth. These crowns may be bonded to your existing teeth or placed on top of implants in order to provide stability for your restoration.
Dr. Eaton may recommend a dental bridge to:
- Restore your ability to speak, eat and chew normally
- Prevent your teeth from shifting out of place
- Preserve your bite and alleviate any excess stress on your bite
- Replace a partial denture
- Support the shape and volume of your face
- Give you back a beautiful, healthy smile
If you are receiving a dental bridge, plan on two appointments. During the first appointment, our dentist will prepare your teeth and take an impression from which the bridge can be created. When you return for your second appointment, we will place the bridge, check to ensure that it fits and bond it into place to complete your treatment.