Dr. Eaton may use cone beam technology to get a precise and clear image of your mouth and the surrounding facial structures. This technology is extremely useful to our dentist when planning your personalized dental treatment plan because it empowers us with accurate and useful information. The result of Cone Beam 3D imaging is a three-dimensional model of your teeth, mouth, jaw, neck, ears, nose and throat. This gives us a comprehensive view of your oral structures and can be used for many purposes, including:
- Planning dental implant placement
- Jaw and face evaluations
- A comprehensive view of the neck and head
- Dental and facial trauma analysis
- Planning and evaluating orthodontic treatment progress
- Visualizing abnormal teeth
The Dakota Implant & Sedation Center can use Cone Beam 3D imaging to gain a more complete view of your mouth and its supporting structures than from the view that is provided by standard X-rays.